Here's a chance of a lifetime to get yourself some high quality riding and holidaying - thanks to our friends at the Lungomare Bike Hotel - I fully recommend a stay here because as a family run hotel, they really do care about their guests, and they're collective passion for cycling is shown by the variety of packages and facilities for cyclists of all levels from beginners to pro teams.
***ENTER CONTEST BELOW***
The Lungomare Bike Hotel in Cesenatico offers a top bike hotel experience on Italy's Adriatic coast - daily guided bike tours for all levels through hills, vineyards and olive groves, tough climbs like the Carpegna, packages for gran fondos like the Nove Colle.
Located on the shores of the Adriatic Sea in the town of Cesenatico nestled in Emilia Romagna seaside, a renowned gastronomic area of Italy. This idyllic countryside is famous for homemade pasta, hearty wines such as Lambrusco and Sangiovese, Aceto Balsamico vinegar, Prosciutto di Parma ham, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, as well as many other staples of the Italian cuisine.
YOU COULD WIN:
A one week cycling holiday for two people. You’ll need to get yourself there – but pretty much everything else is covered:
PRIZE PACKAGE DETAILS provided by - Lungomare Bike Hotel in Cesenatico
• Prize is the ALL INCLUSIVE CYCLING PACKAGE for TWO People
• 7 nights ACCOMMODATION AT Lungomare Bike Hotel in Cesenatico:
• Fully guided & supported rides every day, with optional days off if you like
• Meals Include: daily breakfasts, daily post-ride pasta bar, & dinners
• Secure bike storage in locked and video-secured room
• Daily laundry service for cycling kit
• Optional Bike rental (extra charge will apply) from their fleet of BMC bikes, and they're the only exclusive rental hotel of Pinarello bikes in the Emilia Romagna region.
• EXCLUDES Transfers to & from the airport
• Booking Dates are subject to availability within and March 22 – Oct. 9, 2017.
Now, in case you need a little visual incentive to really put you over the edge - have a look at some of the places you could be riding:
The Adriatic coast on Italy's east side hosts some of its most beautiful and most popular beaches, and is why the Lungomare Bike Hotel has become so popular with Italian and European sunseekers. Look to the west though, for some of the best riding in the lush hills and valleys of the Appennine mountains in the Emilia Romagna region, tasting good wines and great food among vineyards and olive groves.
Ancient villages are scattered like precious stones on the rocky valley, overlooking the Adriatic Sea, where the roads connecting these historic places are soothing to the eye and mind. Passing through vineyards and olive groves you will have the unforgettable opportunity to prove yourself amidst those tastes and flavors which have made this region famous all over the world.
Romagna offers renowned roads capable of hindering cycling legends such as Eddy Merckx; ride the hills where Marco Pantani used to train and, compare your performance with his at the famous Carpegna climb. When you're ready for a break from the riding, you can relive Pantani’s achievements in the museum dedicated to his life and glories.
Designed by Leonardo da Vinci, the harbor of Cesenatico offers a unique culinary experience where you can dine on daily fresh caught seafood. You'll visit magnificent estates in the surrounding hills where the production of extra virgin olive oil and hearty wines still takes place on site.
Lungomare Bike Hotel offers 5 different guided cycling tours each day which respond to different levels of ability and training, making it the ideal location for cycling and biking enthusiasts from beginners to professionals who wish and enjoy riding through unspoiled villages and experiencing panoramic hills and landscape, from the Adriatic Sea to the Apennine mountains stretching between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna.
The Lungomare Bike Hotel is the ideal partner for your cycling holiday and many times has hosted professional teams such as Astana, Lampre, Colombia, Team Sky, Utensilnord, Voralberg, Cannondale, and AG2R.
You will ride on some of the routes the local cyclists use while preparing for Sportives and Gran Fondos, such as the world famous “Nove Colli” (Nine Hills) in May. If you feel like something less challenging, there are beautiful rides along the coast.
Find out more and book your stay at the Lungomare Bike Hotel website.
See more at Facebook & Instagram
Read my articles on
• the Lungomare Bike Hotel in Cesenatico where I rode Pantani's favorite training climb: the Carpegna.
ENTER NOW!- Contest Entries are open from Mar. 10 - 20, 2017
FILL IN THIS FORM TO ENTER:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. TO ENTER: Enter by visiting the Contest official registration page on PezCycling News website and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the "Click Here To Enter" button. You must enter via the Internet. No alternate means of entry permitted. "Only one entry per person" - duplicates will be removed before the draw. PezCycling News will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by PEZCYCLINGNEWS in their sole, reasonable discretion. PEZCYCLINGNEWS reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest entrants must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest is not open to employees of PEZCYCLINGNEWS or Racermate and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees.
4. PRIZES: As stated above. Prize does NOT include travel to or from the holiday.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. CONTEST DATES & WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The Contest will be open for entries from – Mar. 10 - 20, 2017. The Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately 1 week of the contest closing date. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. PEZCYCLINGNEWS reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. The Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within 14 days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within 14 days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of PEZCYCLINGNEWS, result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant, PEZCYCLINGNEWS, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than British Columbia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the contest, contestants release PEZCYCLINGNEWS, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by PEZCYCLINGNEWS whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. PEZCYCLINGNEWS will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact PezCycling News attn: PEZCYCLINGNEWS/ PEZ Contest.